The physically demanding work manual therapists do puts them at risk for musculoskeletal injury. But injury is not inevitable. Save Your Hands! 2nd Edition gives manual therapists the proven injury prevention and ergonomics strategies, real-life suggestions and practical tips they need to protect their health and prolong their careers. Whether you are a student or an experienced practitioner, this indispensable guide will help you save not only your hands, but also your back, neck, shoulders and emotional well-being throughout a long, healthy career.
Save Your Hands! is a comprehensive resource you'll turn to time after time throughout your career. No wonder it has been the leading self-care guide for manual therapists since 1995, and continues to be a required or recommended text at schools across the U.S., Canada and worldwide.
In an accessible, richly-illustrated format, Save Your Hands! 2nd Edition shows you how to:
• Design your treatment space so you can work safely and efficiently
• Find alternative techniques to protect vulnerable parts of your body
• Improve your body mechanics to reduce stress and increase comfort as you work
• Stay in shape with a comprehensive physical conditioning program developed specifically for manual therapists
• Recognize early symptoms and address them effectively before they lead to injury
• Use the principles of ergonomics to more effectively treat your clients, adding value to your practice.
Don't let symptoms or injury interrupt your career. Order your copy of Save Your Hands! today!
Be sure to also see our Continuing Education course for massage therapists, based on the Save Your Hands! 2nd Edition book.
352 pages, 83 photos & illustrations
Softcover, 8"x 10"